Log Management provides a centralized and normalized view of system, application and network device logs aiding IT staff quickly troubleshoot and identify the root cause of IT problems.
Axxera’s Log Management Solution powered by Axxera Central Intelligence Logger is an Open Log Management platform allowing customers to collect and analyze all of their log data from virtually any device, application or operating system, with features that ensure information intelligence and increase efficiency. CI Logger Open Log Management provides agile reporting and fast search capabilities, as well as security features to protect data integrity, allowing for reliable long-term storage of unaltered log data.
Central Intelligence Sensor
To compliment the CI Logger, axxera's sensor constantly sends the data in native format for correlation and security analysis. These events are then transformed to ITIL framework for remediation and reporting purpose.
The CI Logger application is a flexible and highly scalable system logging application that is ideal for creating centralized and trusted logging solutions. The main features of CI Logger are summarized below.
- Reliable log transfer : The CI Logger application enables you to send the log messages of your hosts to remote servers using the latest protocol standards. The logs of different servers can be collected and stored centrally on dedicated log servers. Transferring log messages using the TCP protocol ensures that no messages are lost.
- Secure logging using TLS : Log messages may contain sensitive information that should not be accessed by third parties. Therefore, CI Logger uses the Transport Layer Security (TLS) protocol to encrypt the communication. TLS also allows the mutual authentication of the host and the server using X.509 certificates.
- Disk-based message buffering : The Premium Edition of CI Logger stores messages on the local hard disk if the central log server or the network connection becomes unavailable. The CI Logger application automatically sends the stored messages to the server when the connection is reestablished, in the same order the messages were received. The disk buffer is persistent – no messages are lost even if CI Logger is restarted.
- Direct database access : Storing your log messages in a database allows you to easily search and query the messages and interoperate with log analyzing applications. The Premium Edition of CI Logger supports the following databases: MSSQL, MySQL, Oracle, PostgreSQL, and SQLite.
- Encrypted and time stamped log storage : The Premium Edition of CI Logger can store log messages securely in encrypted, compressed, and time stamped binary files. Timestamps can be requested from an external Time stamping Authority (TSA).
- Heterogeneous environments : The CI Logger application is the ideal choice to collect logs in massively heterogeneous environments using several different operating systems and hardware platforms, including Linux, Unix, BSD, Sun Solaris, HP-UX, and AIX. An agent is available to transfer logs from Microsoft Windows hosts to the central CI Logger server.
- Filter and classify : The CI Logger application can sort the incoming log messages based on their content and various parameters like the source host, application, and priority. Directories, files, and database tables can be created dynamically using macros. Complex filtering using regular expressions and Boolean operators offers almost unlimited flexibility to forward only the important log messages to the selected destinations.
- Parse and rewrite : The CI Logger application can segment log messages to named fields or columns, and also modify the values of these fields.
- IPv4 and IPv6 support : The CI Logger application can operate in both IPv4 and IPv6 network environments; it can receive and send messages to both types of networks.